- Municipal Utilities
- Refuse & Recycling
Refuse & Recycling
The City of Auburn contracts with a third party for the collection and disposal of garbage and recyclable goods for every residential neighborhood.
Our garbage and recycling services are provided for a minimum fee of $14.19 per household/per month and are included in your monthly municipal utility bill. (Additional bag tags are $1.50 and bulk item tags are $15).
- Residents must use supplied bin
- No construction or hazardous materials may be disposed of via standard weekly service
- Bulk item tags are available for $15 (Example bulk item: sofa)
- Additional bag tags are available for $1.50 apiece
- Pick-up delayed by one day for the following holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
- Aluminum/tin cans and foil (no food debris or aerosol cans)
- Glass, excluding light bulbs, mirrors, ceramics, and drinking glasses
- Plastics, such as soda bottles, water jugs, and milk containers (no food debris)
Fall Leaf Pick-up
The Auburn Street Department picks up leaves typically in October of each year. Visit the Street Department page for more information.
- SW (Zone 1): April 10 through 14
- NW (Zone 2): April 17 through 21
- NE (Zone 3): May 8 through 12
- SE (Zone 4): May 15 through 18
- Household items only: Bagged. No cardboard boxes with loose trash.
- Large appliances/household items: Washers, dryers, refrigerators (freon-free), grills, carpet, etc.
- Paint: Solidified with the lid removed.
- Yard waste (brush and limbs in 4-foot sections): Bundled or packaged. No leaves.
All waste should be bagged and placed in a trash bin, other than large bulky items. Weight limit of 60 pounds per item.
- Car parts (batteries, bumpers, tires, fenders, etc.)
- Construction materials, concrete, rocks, etc.
- Hazardous, chemical, medical, or infectious waste; liquid paint; pesticides
- TVs, computers, electronic games, telephones, etc.