- Municipal Utilities
- Water Pollution Control
Water Pollution Control
Our Water Pollution Control department manages the city's Class III Municipal Wastewater Treatment Facility, which is integral to protecting the health and well-being of the community and downstream users.
How to Support Our Stormwater Control Efforts
- Never dump anything down storm drains or in streams.
- Use the least toxic pesticides, follow label instructions, and learn how to prevent pest problems.
- Use fertilizers sparingly and sweep up driveways and sidewalks.
- Disconnect downspouts.
- Compost yard waste.
- Use rain barrels to water plants during dry periods.
- Vegetate bare spots in your yard.
- Take your car to the car wash or wash it on the grass instead of washing it in the driveway.
- Pick up after your pet.
May 16, 2022: The City of Auburn MS4 (210 E Ninth Street, Auburn, IN 46706) intends to discharge stormwater into the following watersheds: Smith Ditch-Cedar Creek (041000030604), Peckhart Ditch-John Diehl Ditch (041000030702), Dosch Ditch-Cedar Creek (041000030707), Hursey Ditches-Bear Creek (041000030801), and Headwaters John Diehl Ditch (041000030701) and is submitting a Notice of Intent to notify the Indiana Department of Environmental Management of the MS4's intent to comply with the requirements of the MS4 General Permit to discharge stormwater run-off. Contact the MS4 Coordinator at 260-925-1714 for questions.
CSO Overflow Notice
In accordance with the City of Auburn’s CSO Public Notification Plan, we are notifying you that the CSO overflow on 2/27/2023-2/28/2023 resulted in 1.947 million gallons of partially treated sewage at CSO 011 to Cedar Creek. Discharge time ended at 3:20pm on 2/28/2023.
In accordance with the City of Auburn’s CSO Public Notification Plan, we are notifying you that the CSO overflow on 3/4/2023-3/5/2023 resulted in 891 thousand gallons of partially treated sewage at CSO 011 to Cedar Creek. Discharge time ended at 7:09pm on 3/5/2023.
- 2021 Annual Summary Notification (PDF)
- 2022 Annual Report (PDF)
- 2022 Annual Summary Notification
- Chapter 160 - Illicit Discharge for Stormwater (DOC)
- Chapter 161 -Stormwater Run-Off Control (DOC)
- Chapter 162 - Post Construction Storm Water Control (DOC)
- Combined Sewer Overflow Public Notification Plan (PDF)
- CSO Blog 083019.pdf
- Monthly Sewer Rates - Charges (PDF)
- Sewer Ordinance (PDF)