The Auburn Street Department maintains all city streets through prompt removal of snow, ice, leaves, and brush—ensuring streets are safe and passable at all times.
And, as necessary, the Street Department administers projects to fix any street hazards or improve the flow of traffic throughout our community.
Fall Leaf Pick-up
The Auburn Street Department picks up leaves every October. Pick-up begins in areas east of Cedar Creek, alternating weekly from east to west. Pick-up continues for approximately six weeks.
Occurs annually in April, allowing residents to dispose of household items, large appliances, and yard waste.
Street maintenance includes:
- Installing and maintaining traffic signs
- Patching potholes, sealing cracks and painting curbs
- Residential Sidewalk Program
- Snow plowing and salting streets
- Trimming and removing trees
Monthly brush pick-up occurs from April to October. Brush is collected the first week of each month. Follow these directions:
- Place your brush on the front curb by Monday of that week.
- Avoid placing piles around mailboxes, utility poles, fire hydrants or traffic signs.
- Do not pile brush in the street.
No Grass Clippings
The Street Department does not pick up grass clippings. You can use the compost site located near CR 36A to dispose of all yard waste.