The Auburn Street Department maintains all city streets through prompt removal of snow, ice, leaves and brush—ensuring streets are safe and passable at all times.
And, as necessary, the Street Department administers projects to fix any street hazards or improve the flow of traffic throughout our community.
Auburn Street Department
P.O. Box 506
Auburn, IN 46706
Call 911 in the event of an emergency
Fall Leaf Pick-up
- The Auburn Street Department picks up leaves every October.
- Pick-up begins in areas east of Cedar Creek, alternating weekly from east to west.
- Pick-up continues for approximately six weeks.
Occurs annually in April, allowing residents to dispose of household items, large appliances and yard waste.
Street maintenance includes:
- Patching potholes, sealing cracks and painting curbs
- Trimming and removing trees
- Installing and maintaining traffic signs
- Snow plowing and salting streets
Monthly brush pick-up occurs from April to October. Brush is collected the first week of each month.
- Place your brush on the front curb by Monday of that week.
- Avoid placing piles around mailboxes, utility poles, fire hydrants or traffic signs.
- Do not pile brush in the street.
No Grass Clippings
- The Street Department does not pick up grass clippings.
- We pick up brush only the first of each month.
- You can use the compost site located near CR 36A to dispose of all yard waste.