Water Pollution Control
Our Water Pollution Control department manages the city’s Class III Municipal Wastewater Treatment Facility, which is integral to protecting the health and well-being of the community and downstream users.
Support Our Storm Water Control Efforts
- Never dump anything down storm drains or in streams.
- Use the least toxic pesticides, follow label instructions, and learn how to prevent pest problems.
- Use fertilizers sparingly and sweep up driveways and sidewalks.
- Disconnect downspouts.
- Compost yard waste.
- Use rain barrels to water plants during dry periods.
- Have your septic tank pumped and system inspected regularly.
- Vegetate bare spots in your yard.
- Take your car to the car wash or wash it on the grass instead of washing it in the driveway.
- Pick up after your pet.