The City of Auburn contracts with a third party for the collection and disposal of garbage and recyclable goods for every residential neighborhood.
Our garbage and recycling services are provided for a minimum fee of $11.76 per household/per month and are included in your monthly municipal utility bill. (Additional bag tags are $1.25 and bulk item tags are $15.)
Refuse & Recycling
Interested in Recycling?
To request a recycling bin, call 260.747.4117 or visit www.republicservices.com.
- Residents must use supplied bin
- No construction or hazardous materials may be disposed of via standard weekly service
- Bulk item tags are available for $15 (Example bulk item: sofa)
- Additional bag tags are available for $1.25 apiece
- Glass, excluding light bulbs, mirrors, ceramics and drinking glasses
- Plastics, such as soda bottles, water jugs, milk containers (no food debris)
- Aluminum/tin cans and foil (no food debris or aerosol cans)
Fall Leaf Pick-up
The Auburn Street Department picks up leaves typically in October of each year.
Occurs annually in April
- Household items only: Bagged if possible. Cardboard boxes with loose trash will not be picked up.
- Yard waste (brush and limbs in 4’ sections): Bundled or packaged. No leaves.
- Large appliances/household items: Washers, dryers, refrigerators, grills, carpet, etc.
All waste should be bagged and placed in your trash bin, other than large bulky items. Weight limit of 50 pounds per item.
- Construction materials (concrete, rocks, etc.)
- Oil and car parts (batteries, bumpers, tires, fenders, etc.)
- Hazardous, chemical, medical or infectious waste (liquid paint and pesticides)
- Electronics (TVs, computers, electronic games, telephones, etc.)