The Water Pollution Control Department is seeking a hard-working, self-motivated individual to join our team as a full time Sewer Maintenance Technician. This employee, reporting directly and assisting the Sewer Maintenance Supervisor, is responsible for basic duties related to the sanitary and storm sewer collection system, including the operation and maintenance of equipment for cleaning, renovation and improvement of system sewer lines and appurtenances owned by the utility. The ideal candidate should have a strong work ethic, a background in mechanical maintenance, excellent problem-solving skills, ability to perform basic mathematical equations, motivation to serve others, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Locate sewers, inspect taps and investigate sewers.
- Clean sewers with vacuum; televise sewers with camera equipment.
- Rehabilitate or replace manholes and catch basins.
- Performs flow checks of gravity sewers.
- Perform grease trap inspections.
- Clean all equipment weekly.
- Occasionally maintain sewers easements.
- Operate a variety of equipment, including vacuum and camera trucks.
- Provide timely reports and communication to management and to the other divisions with documented record of division activity.
- Perform Permit Required Confined Space Entries, when needed.
- Assist other WPC divisions during emergencies or as requested by the department head.
- Follow all City of Auburn policies and procedures in addition to all local, state and federal standards, regulations and safety rules.
- Learn and understand related regulations and standards for General Wastewater Treatment Operations Monitoring and Controls and Wet Weather Flow Monitoring and Controls. (May include certification or additional training courses)
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving required.
- CDL Class B license preferred or capable of obtaining within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to work some evenings and/or weekends, primarily outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to work in and around water and sewage, often dirty and offensive odors.
- Vacation pay, holiday pay, sick pay, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and city-paid PERF annuity and retirement
- $12 – $24/hour depending upon experience
Resumes and applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, mailed (PO Box 506) or dropped in City Hall drop box at 210 E Ninth St., Auburn, IN 46706. Applications can be downloaded from the button in the top right-hand corner of this page.
Deadline: April 10, 2020
EOE / Drug Free Workforce / E-VERIFY