Water Pollution Control is seeking a hard-working, self-motivated individual to join our team as a full time Plant Maintenance Technician. This position primarily assists with wastewater treatment plant maintenance duties; troubleshooting and/or problem solving; preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance services; and support for the WPC plants, lift stations and other related appurtenances. The ideal candidate should have a strong work ethic, a background in mechanical maintenance, excellent problem solving skills and the ability to perform basic mathematical equations, as well as be motivated to serve others, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Assemble, install, maintain, calibrate, troubleshoot and repair and/or replace electrical, electronic, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, digital and analog control equipment and systems.
- Operate, maintain, calibrate and repair pneumatic and electronic testing and measuring instruments.
- Maintain records and prepare reports on maintenance and repair work, calibration readings and related data.
- Order parts, supplies and equipment.
- Read and interpret schematic diagrams, blueprints, sketches and equipment specifications.
- Perform mathematical calculations related to the trade.
- Possess working knowledge of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Systems for General Wastewater Treatment Operations Monitoring and Controls as well as Wet Weather Flow Monitoring and Controls.
- Clean and maintain shop areas.
- Inspect, operate, adjust and calibrate equipment as necessary.
- Performs Permit Required Confined Space Entries, when needed.
- Maintains up-to-date and accurate records and logs of operating conditions of equipment, weather conditions and ongoing maintenance work being performed within the treatment plant.
- Assists other WPC divisions during emergencies or as requested by the Department Head.
- Maintains department buildings, structures and general facility grounds.
- Follows all City of Auburn policies and procedures in addition to all local, state and federal standards, regulations and safety rules.
- Learn and understand related regulations and standards for General Wastewater Treatment Operations Monitoring and Controls and Wet Weather Flow Monitoring and Controls. (This may include certification or additional training courses.)
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Requires working some evenings and/or weekends, primarily outdoors in all types of weather conditions. Requires working in and around water and sewage, often dirty and offensive odors.
- Vacation pay, holiday pay, sick pay, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and city-paid PERF annuity and retirement.
- $12 – $24 / hour, depending upon experience.
Interested candidates can submit their application to email@example.com. Applications can be downloaded from the button in the top right-hand corner of this page.
Candidates may also complete an application in person at 210 E. Ninth Street, Auburn, IN 46706.
Deadline: January 24, 2020
EOE / Drug Free Workforce / E-VERIFY
The City of Auburn is an enrolled employer in the E-Verify Program verifying the work eligibility status of its new employees and will remain so until that program no longer exists.