Auburn Parks & Recreation is seeking hard-working, self-motivated individuals to join our parks maintenance team, primarily assisting in the maintenance of the Auburn parks system, including all park buildings and equipment. The ideal candidate should have a strong work ethic, excellent problem-solving skills, a motivation to serve others and a desire to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Performs ball field preventative and routine maintenance, including game preparation and clean-up
- Investigates vandalism and other damage to buildings and equipment and reports the findings to the maintenance foreman
- Participates in the care, maintenance and repair of parks structures, grounds and equipment
- Performs cleaning of all park facilities, including cleaning and sanitizing restrooms, replenishing supplies, removing litter, emptying trashcans, mowing and trimming grounds
- Performs preventive maintenance and repair of park facilities and equipment, such as picnic table repairs, painting, interior/exterior of buildings and furnishings, maintaining fluid levels of vehicles and equipment, sharpening mower blades, replacing faucets and lavatories, repairing plumbing leaks
- Operates light and heavy equipment (backhoe, tractor, truck, mowers)
- Mixes and works with cleaning fluids, chemicals, paints, cleaning agents or similar solutions using normal and specialized protective gear
- Interacts with a variety of organizations, such as athletic leagues, school officials, other municipalities, etc.
- Participates in the safe operation of power and hand tools, edging and weeding lawns, flower beds and other landscaped areas; spreading seed and fertilizer; planting or removing flowers; operating, maintaining and repairing in-ground sprinkler systems
- Plants trees, prepares ground watering, fertilizes new trees and uses auger for tree planting
- Communicates with maintenance foreman on weekly goals and project development
- Able to work alone and with little supervision, as well as in a team environment
- Follows all City of Auburn policies and procedures and safety rules
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions, occasionally at night and some weekends as required
- Able to occasionally lift 100 pounds or more
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred experience in landscaping, carpentry, custodial, electrical, plumbing, minor repairs and/or herbicide application
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- $10-$12 per hour, depending upon experience
Interested candidates can submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can be downloaded from the button in the top right-hand corner of this page.
Candidates may also complete an application in person at 210 E. Ninth Street, Auburn, IN 46706.
Deadline: May 1, 2020
EOE / Drug Free Workforce / E-VERIFY
The City of Auburn is an enrolled employer in the E-Verify Program verifying the work eligibility status of its new employees and will remain so until that program no longer exists.