The City of Auburn Street Department is seeking a hard-working, self-motivated individual to join our team as a full-time project technician, primarily functioning as a liaison between the Street Department and other City departments, ensuring accurate record keeping, updating street mapping and inspecting Street Department projects. The ideal candidate should have knowledge or related experience in infrastructure projects, engineering, concrete or similar construction fields. Additionally, candidates should have a strong work ethic, be motivated to serve others and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Assists with estimation and planning of street work, including operation of GPS unit and drawing of plans.
- Completes inspections of sidewalks, curbs and drive approaches.
- Coordinates quoting process and supplier requests for small projects.
- Updates ADA improvement database.
- Coordinates the sidewalk expansion and tree programs, including adjunct participation on the Tree Commission.
- Performs fieldwork as necessary to prepare drawings and maintain accurate inventories.
- Assists Engineering Department with GIS and GPS duties related to the Street Department projects.
- Reviews city projects for compliance and attends all routing meetings.
- Assists Engineering Department in maintaining the Paser street-rating map with updates and supporting documentation.
- Assists Engineering Department with documentation for yearly submission of required Pavement Asset Management Plan.
- Tracks certified mileage of new street segments for yearly submission to the State of Indiana.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years work experience in related fields, such as engineering, construction and/or street or infrastructure projects
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook email, internet/intranet and all other related software and hardware
- Knowledge of GPS and GIS systems preferred
- $20 – $22 / hour depending upon experience
- Vacation pay, holiday pay, sick pay, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and City paid PERF annuity and retirement
Resumes and applications can be emailed to email@example.com, mailed (PO Box 506) or dropped in City Hall drop box at 210 E Ninth St., Auburn, IN 46706. Applications can be downloaded from the button in the top right-hand corner of this page.
Deadline: Feb. 5, 2021
EOE / Drug Free Workplace / E-Verify