The Auburn Electric Department is seeking a hard-working, self-motivated individual to join our team as a full-time Project Manager. The individual filling this position is responsible for leading and assisting staff in the coordination of daily field work operations and project management. This individual helps organize, manage and plan complex projects for the utility’s research, development and service implementation efforts. This person also coordinates and maintains regular communication with customers, contractors, line crews and support staff in the delivery of new electric service and system wide construction and maintenance projects and tasks.
Essential Job Duties and Other Skills & Responsibilities
- Works with the utility’s engineers, consultants, operations staff and line crew leadership to identify, organize and prioritize field projects and tasks.
- Collaborates with staff to prepare information products for field personnel (maps, support documentation, etc.).
- Coordinates activities to ensure daily, weekly and monthly plans have adequate materials and proper resources.
- Performs site inspections to coordinate with customers, and develop scopes of work and quotes.
- Schedules regular meetings and record decisions (e.g. assigned tasks and next steps).
- Helps break down projects into doable tasks and set timeframes and goals.
- Retrieves necessary information (e.g. requirements and relevant examples).
- Tracks expenses and predict future costs.
- Monitors project progress and address potential issues.
- Coordinates quality controls to ensure project and task objectives meet requirements.
- Measures and reports on project performance.
- Acts as the point of contact for all participants.
- Performs other tasks as identified by the Superintendent.
- Strong construction and/or field operations background preferred. Utility focus a plus.
- High school diploma or GED required. Preferred two-year degree or certified apprentice program in related field, or 5 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload.
- Ability to work as part of a team while also performing independent research related to project success.
- Able to perform basic mathematical skills, including calculations involving fractions, decimals, ratios and percentage.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Vacation, holidays, personal days, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts and city-paid PERF annuity and retirement.
- Salary Range: $36,500 – $78,000
How to Apply
Resumes and applications can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed/dropped off at 210 E Ninth St., Auburn, IN 46706. Applications can be downloaded from the button in the top right-hand corner of this page.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2020
EOE / Drug Free Workplace / E-Verify