The Auburn Fire Department (AFD) is accepting applications for the position of part-time paid firefighter. These will be part-time positions working approximately 24 hours per week. Applications on file prior to September 20, 2020, will not be accepted. A copy of the job description and minimum requirements are available at Fire Station 2.
When you submit your application, please also attach copies of the following items:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree in fire science (if applicable)
- Verification of prerequisite certifications:
- Certified State of Indiana firefighter II or equivalent
- Certified hazardous materials operations level
- State of Indiana emergency medical responder
- Signed background authorization and release form (see information packet link)
To be considered for employment, applicants must be:
- At least 18 years of age and must reside within DeKalb County or within 50 miles of Union Township, DeKalb County
- Able to pass a background and reference check
- Able to pass a written test
- Able to pass a fear of heights and claustrophobia test
- Able to pass a timed ability course which is job specific
Interviews will be conducted by a board chosen by the Fire Chief.
Download the AFD Part-Time Application Packet with more info on instructions, interview process, etc.
Apply: Applications can be downloaded from the button in the top right-hand corner of this page. Resumes and applications can be emailed to DWCox@ci.auburn.in.us or mailed to or dropped off at Fire Station 2, 902 S Grandstaff Drive, Auburn, IN, 46706.
Questions: Deputy Chief Doug Cox at DWCox@ci.auburn.in.us
EOE / Drug Free Workplace / E-Verify