Auburn Essential Services is seeking a hard-working and self-motivated individual to join our team as an Outside Plant Broadband Lineman, working primarily on fiber construction, testing and maintenance projects. The ideal candidate should have a strong work ethic, have excellent problem solving skills, be motivated to serve others, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists with fiber optic plant mainline installation, testing and ongoing maintenance.
- Assists with provisioning fiber service to AES customers.
- Possesses knowledgeable of the capabilities, design requirements and operability of fiber customer premises equipment.
- Operates equipment required in the construction, maintenance and testing of the fiber optic network.
- Climbs poles and uses aerial lifts or ladders to access equipment.
- Cuts trenches for laying underground conduits and cables, using trenchers and cable plows.
- Digs holes using augers and set poles, using cranes and power equipment.
- Installs overhead cables between poles and buildings, tensioning lines in place using manual and mechanized winches to adjust sag.
- Records work activities accurately, accounting for all work force, equipment and materials used to complete the project assigned, reporting to management in detail.
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent customer services skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Windows
- Basic skills in computers, networking, audio/video equipment helpful but not required
- Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Effective written and verbal skills
- Self-starter who works well independently
- Flexibility and willingness to work overtime and/or weekends as needed
- Attention to detail, safety, and quality workmanship
- Ability to lift weight up to 100 Pounds
- Willingness to work in all types of weather
- Capable of walking, sitting/kneeling, crouching, climbing, and working in confined spaces
- Ability to drive, including a valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience is a plus, but we will train new talent
The qualified candidate will have opportunities for advancement to foreman and advanced responsibilities.
- Vacation pay, holiday pay, sick pay, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and city-paid PERF annuity and retirement
- $15 – $35 / hour depending on experience
- Salary: $15.00 to $35.00 /hour
Oct. 25, 2019
Interested candidates can submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can be downloaded from this page, or candidates may also complete an application in person at 210 E. Ninth Street, Auburn, IN 46706.
EOE / Drug Free Workforce / E-VERIFY
The City of Auburn is an enrolled employer in the E-Verify Program verifying the work eligibility status of its new employees and will remain so until that program no longer exists.