The Auburn Fire Department is seeking a dedicated, hard-working and self-motivated full-time firefighter to join our team. The ideal candidate should have a strong work ethic, excellent problem-solving skills and be motivated to serve the citizens of Auburn.
- Must be 18 years of age and not yet 36 years of age
- US citizenship
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check with no felony or serious misdemeanor convictions within the past seven (7) years
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and able to pass a driver’s record check
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Residency requirements per IC 3-8-4-2
- Must be able to pass minimum agility and aptitude testing required under IC 36-8-3.2
- Certified State of Indiana Firefighter II or equivalent
- Certified Hazardous Materials operations level
- State of Indiana Emergency Medical Responder (Minimum)
- Responds to alarms with assigned shift while on duty or to the scene of an emergency while off duty.
- Maintains certifications with the proper in-service training requirements.
- Follows all City of Auburn & Auburn Fire Department policies and procedures in addition to all local, state and federal standards, regulations and safety rules.
- Able to lift, carry or drag other persons, heavy pieces of equipment and coils of fire hose; wears personal protective equipment while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Able to perform physical labor for extended periods of time in all kinds of environmental conditions, and to sustain considerable physical effort for periods of time in the face of personal danger and danger to others; work involves exposure to weather, extreme cold, heat and fluctuations in temperature during physically demanding work and wearing equipment that significantly impairs body cooling mechanisms.
- Able to meet all essential cognitive, psychological, physical and environmental requirements of this position.
- Knowledge of the location of city and county streets and roads, hydrant locations, sprinkler connection locations and building configurations.
- Excellent and professional customer service.
- Able to work safely and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Paid vacation, holiday, sick, personal and bereavement pay
- Life and health insurance
- Annual clothing allowance
- Paid overtime and certification pay
- PERF 77 retirement
- 3 shifts operating on a 24-hour on 48-hour off shift schedule
- State-of-the-art training center
- Operate under DeKalb County Central Communications
- Emergency Response Teams
Interested candidates may download an application from the button in the top right-hand corner of this page. To be considered, all items listed below must be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to/dropped off at PO Box 506, 210 E. Ninth St., Auburn, IN 46706.
- Completed job application
- Birth certificate
- High school diploma, GED or higher education degree
- Driver’s license
Deadline: Jan. 25, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
EOE / Drug Free Workplace / E-Verify