Auburn Parks and Recreation is searching for up to 6 Softball Umpires to officiate the Adult Softball Competitive and Co-Ed Leagues throughout the 2022 season from April through early October. Umpires will officiate anywhere from two (2) to four (4) one-hour games per week. Umpires will not be employed by the City of Auburn and will work as independent contractors, reporting to the Parks Department Program Director.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Officiate Adult Competitive and Adult Co-Ed Softball games
- Follow and enforce specific Auburn Parks and Recreation Softball Rules as well as official National Softball Association Rules
- Turn on and off the softball diamond lights
- Open and secure/lock park restrooms and umpire storage shed
- Collect rosters from team captains
- Record scores following each game into the official logbook
- Complete required incident reports when necessary and report incidents to Program Director
- Obtain game schedules from Program Director
- Attend all mandatory meetings
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 2 years of softball officiating experience and/or umpire certification from the National Softball Association is required
- Availability to work evenings Monday through Thursday from 6-10 p.m.
- Softball umpire officials must present themselves in a professional manner as required by Auburn Parks and Recreation
- Ability to handle difficult situations during games that may involve both fans and/or players, including discipline up to and including expulsion from the ball field
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
Send your resume or contact the Auburn Parks Department at 260.925.2997 or email email@example.com.
Deadline: March 1, 2022