Honor, Service and Valor
Ready to start a career with the Auburn Police Department?
Application for Employment
Reserve Officer Application
Speak to a Recruiter
FOLLOW AUBURN PD ON FACEBOOK
- Applicant must be a resident citizen of the United States.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, and under the age of 36 or be a veteran who has at least 20 years of service in the armed forces and be no older than 40 years and six months.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.).
- Must not have been convicted of a felony pursuant to the policy statement in the application.
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged from the military service.
- Must possess a valid Indiana driver’s license at the time of appointment.
- Must successfully complete and pass all parts of the application process.
- Must pass a physical agility test based on ILEA exit standards
- Must pass a written and PEP test
- Must pass a thorough background investigation
- Must pass a voice stress test
- Must pass the PERF 1977 Pension fund Physical and Mental Health evaluation
Lateral Applicant Information
- Currently certified as a law enforcement officer or able to get reinstated.
- The applicant must still complete all phases of the application process.
- If offered a position, applicants would earn the salary rate of first-class officer salary.
Benefits and Salary
- Probationary Officer (1yr)- $55,758.56
- 1st Class Patrolman -$58,986.98 (Laterals start at this rate)
- 1% longevity of 1st Class Patrolman per year after 5yrs
- Specialty Pay for K-9 & Crime Scene Investigator (CSI)
- Shift differential total $1,040 / $1,300
- Three Detective positions including one assigned to the Drug Task Force
- Emergency Response Team (ERT)
- Air Support Unit (ASU)
- Crisis Negotiator
- Psychomotor Skill Instructors
- Beards and Tattoos are permitted (rules and exceptions apply)
- Health, Dental, Vision & Life insurance available
- Take home car after 1 year or after FTO for Laterals (Restrictions apply)
- 8 hour shift - 5 on 3 off/5 on 2 off schedule
- 8 Paid Holidays
- 1-4 years of service 12 vacation days
- 5-9 years of service 14 vacation days
- 10-14 years of service 16 vacation days
- 15+ years of service 20 vacation days
- 6 Personal Days
- Unlimited Sick Time