Parks Department Holding Public Forums on Master Plan
By Eric Ditmars, Superintendent, Auburn Parks and Recreation
As Auburn Parks and Recreation strives to meet the current needs of our residents now and into the future, it has embarked on the development of a five-year master plan. When complete, this plan will guide the Parks Department in making key decisions about the City of Auburn’s facility improvements, future park and trail development.
In order to create a master plan that fully reflects the interests and needs of the community, the Parks Department is inviting input from key stakeholders, community organizations, community leaders and, most importantly, local residents.
Public Forums Held on Feb. 11
The first step to begin collecting feedback is through our public forums this month.
Session 1: Feb. 11, 2021 – 6-7 p.m.
Limited in-person attendance with masks required (due to gathering restrictions/social distancing guidelines)
- Pre-registration required for in-person attendance
- To register to attend in person, visit recdesk.com (Programs tab)
- Phone-in option: Call 260-920-3206 and enter 1802 at each prompt
- Callers must mute their line until prompted to speak during a Q&A portion
Session 2: Feb. 11, 2021 – 7:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- Virtual meeting via Zoom
- To virtually attend the Zoom meeting, register here.
- The meeting will also be available to view via Facebook Live on the City of Auburn Indiana Government’s page. (Note: Only Zoom will be monitored in real-time. Questions/comments sent via Facebook will be collected after the meeting.)
Public Forum Feedback Survey
We believe if our master plan is to be successful, it needs to be the vision of the community as a whole. Your participation is a critical component of developing the master plan.
During the public forum, we will be asking the audience a series of questions to gain insight into the current and future needs of our park system. If you do not register to attend in-person or via Zoom, you can still participate in the survey. The survey will close on Monday, Feb 15. Click here to take the survey.
Our goal has always been getting people active, engaged and invested in our community. By giving us your feedback, you will help us do just that!