AES TV Launch Draws Near
After many long and challenging months of planning the infrastructure, negotiating provider contracts, finalizing the technology, and securing the content, the long-awaited AES TV prepares to begin beta testing and move one step closer to offering this service to the Auburn residents.
It’s no secret the AES TV initiative has been a huge undertaking. In fact, it’s been our largest and most complicated product offering to date. But despite the challenges, we were relentless in our pursuit of excellence. For months on end, our team worked tirelessly with two goals in mind: to deliver quality programming and superior customer service to our community subscribers, and to create a sustainable delivery system which is adaptable to future technological changes. And as the concept of AES TV becomes a reality, we’re confident we’ve accomplished just that!
Below are the key milestones that will occur between now and launch. We’ve shared the estimated timings of each milestone and will continue to update you as we reach each one:
- November 2011: Head-end installation and testing to be completed
- Winter 2011/2012: Internal testing to be conducted
- 1st Quarter 2012: Beta testing to be conducted with identified AES users
- Summer 2012: General availability of AES TV with geographic rollout
- 4th Quarter 2012: AES fiber services (Internet, phone, TV) available to all areas within City limits
- 3rd Quarter 2013: AES fiber services available to all areas within the Electric territory
Be sure to check future blogs for more AES TV and service updates. The wait is almost over!