Safety Tips for Trick-or-Treating
The Auburn Police Department would like to remind everyone of some common safety tips while trick or treating this Halloween.
- Don’t trick or treat alone, go in groups with family or friends
- Cross the streets at marked intersections
- Don’t dart between cars
- Use the sidewalk if available
- Wear costumes that fit to avoid trips and falls
- Wear makeup instead of masks as masks can obstruct vision
- Avoid dark colored clothing
- Carry a flashlight or glow stick
- Never enter the homes or cars of strangers
- Parents, know when and where your children are trick or treating
- Parents, if using a vehicle, drop your children at intersections using the curb side
- Check all candy for signs of tampering before consuming.
The Auburn Police Department will be out in force during the following official trick or treating hours and wish everyone a safe and fun holiday.
Trick-or-Treat Hours on Friday, October 31
- Downtown: 4-6 p.m.
- City-wide: 6-8 p.m.