Refuse & Recycling
The City of Auburn oversees the collection and disposal of garbage and recyclable goods for every residential neighborhood. Our garbage and recycling services are provided for a minimum fee of $11.43 per household/per month and are included in your monthly municipal utilities bill. (Additional bag tags are $1.25 and bulk item tags are $15.) Auburn citizens may use the transfer station (3907 CO RD 47, Waterloo) on a weekly basis for two large items free of charge.
Information on Recycling and Disposal Transfer Station
Garbage Pick-up (Weekly)
- Residents must use supplied bin (Additional bag tags available for $1.25 each)
- No construction or hazardous materials may be disposed of via standard weekly service
- Bulk item tags are available for $15 (Example bulk item: sofa)
Recycling Pick-up (Bi-weekly)
- Glass, excluding light bulbs, mirrors, ceramics and drinking glasses
- Plastics: soda bottles, water jugs, milk containers (no food debris)
- Aluminum/tin cans and foil (no food debris or aerosol cans)
Click on the links below for information on when our services are provided to your residential neighborhood.
Spring Clean-Up Schedule
- April 9-13, 2018 - South of 7th Street and West of Cedar Creek
- April 16-20, 2018 - North of 7th Street and West of Cedar Creek
- April 23-27, 2018 - North of 7th Street and East of Cedar Creek
- April 30 - May 4, 2018 - South of 7th Street and East of Cedar Creek
PLEASE NOTE: Spring Clean-up will no longer take place on Saturdays. It will be completed through the week as listed above. Residents are asked to have items out for pick-up on the Sunday prior to their clean-up week.
- Household items only: Bagged if possible. Cardboard boxes with loose trash will not be picked up.
- Yard waste (brush and limbs in 4’ sections): Bundled or packaged. No leaves.
- Large appliances/household items: Washers, dryers, refrigerators, grills, carpet, etc.
All waste should be bagged and placed in your trash bin, other than large bulky items. Weight limit of 50 pounds per item.
- Construction materials (concrete, rocks, etc.)
- Oil and car parts (batteries, bumpers, tires, fenders, etc.)
- Hazardous, chemical, medical or infectious waste (liquid paint and pesticides)
- Electronics (TVs, computers, electronic games, telephones, etc.)
If you have a product that is not accepted, and wish to dispose of it, call:
- Republic Services: 1-800-359-2165
- Northeast Indiana Solid Waste Management District: 1-800-777-5462