Refuse & Recycling
The City of Auburn oversees the collection and disposal of garbage and recyclable goods for every residential neighborhood. Our garbage and recycling services are provided for a minimum fee of $11.11 per household/per month and are included in your monthly municipal utilities bill. (Additional bag tags are $1.25 and bulk item tags are $15.) Auburn citizens may use the transfer station (3907 CO RD 47, Waterloo) on a weekly basis for two large items free of charge.
Information on Recycling and Disposal Transfer Station
Garbage Pick-up (Weekly)
- Residents must use supplied bin (Additional bag tags available for $1.25 each)
- No construction or hazardous materials may be disposed of via standard weekly service
- Bulk item tags are available for $15 (Example bulk item: sofa)
Recycling Pick-up (Bi-weekly)
- Glass, excluding light bulbs, mirrors, ceramics and drinking glasses
- Plastics: soda bottles, water jugs, milk containers (no food debris)
- Aluminum/tin cans and foil (no food debris or aerosol cans)
Click on the links below for information on when our services are provided to your residential neighborhood.
Spring Clean-Up Schedule
- April 9-13, 2018 - South of 7th Street and West of Cedar Creek
- April 16-20, 2018 - North of 7th Street and West of Cedar Creek
- April 23-27, 2018 - North of 7th Street and East of Cedar Creek
- April 30 - May 4, 2018 - South of 7th Street and East of Cedar Creek
PLEASE NOTE: Spring Clean-up will no longer take place on Saturdays. It will be completed through the week as listed above. Residents are asked to have items out for pick-up on the Sunday prior to their clean-up week.
- Household items only
- All waste should be containerized, other than large bulky items. Weight limit of 60 pounds per item.
- Yard waste (brush and limbs in 4’ sections) that is bundled or packaged
- Large appliances: washers, dryers, refrigerators
- Other large household items: grills, carpet, etc.
- Construction materials
- Car parts (batteries, bumpers, tires, fenders, etc.)
- Hazardous materials, including liquid paint
If you have a product that is not accepted, and wish to dispose of it, call:
- Republic Services: 1-800-359-2165
- Northeast Indiana Solid Waste Management District: 1-800-777-546
Taxpayers have the ability to view budget notices in one central online location at BudgetNotices.IN.Gov. A new email subscription option is provided to taxpayers to stay informed of submissions by their local units. Taxpayers will be able to view all local government units in DeKalb county, search by their address, or use an interactive map tool. This website has been designed to promote the importance of budget notices and the role that they play in the daily lives of Indiana taxpayers. Taxpayers that do not have Internet access or have difficulties with the website may contact the Indiana Department of Local Government Finance at (888) 739-9826 and request a paper copy of the notices for their local government units.