The Auburn Parks and Recreation Department has developed a draft of its five-year master plan and would like the public’s input before it’s finalized. All feedback must be submitted by Feb. 19.
Get Your Copy
Visit the Parks page of the city website or click on the links below to download copies:
Additionally, the following locations will have printed copies of both:
- Parks Office (1500 S. Cedar St)
- Building, Planning and Development Office (210 S. Cedar St.)
- Clerk Treasurer’s Office (210 E. Ninth St.)
- Eckhart Public Library (603 S. Jackson St.)
- Chamber of Commerce (208 S. Jackson St.)
- YMCA of DeKalb County (533 North St.)
Submit Your Comments
Comment forms can be returned in one of the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 260-920-3342
- Mail: P.O. Box 506, Auburn, IN 46706
- In Person: Any of the locations providing printed copies
The plan will be presented to the Park Board on February 23, 2016. After that, it will be submitted to the Indiana Department of Natural Resources for final approval. The Parks Department hopes to implement the plan beginning mid-year.
Community Input Important
This is the second time the Parks Department has asked for community input on the plan. Last June, the public was invited to complete an online survey on ways to improve city parks and facilities. The survey feedback was considered in the development of the master plan.
The Parks Department is committed to provide quality parks and facilities, open spaces, natural areas, educational opportunities and services to enhance the well-being of the citizens of Auburn and surrounding areas.