There’s something about the fresh air and sunshine that comes with spring that makes us want to clean up, air out and declutter our lives. Auburn residents can do just that with the help of the Auburn Street Department and their annual Spring Clean-Up.
The cleanup – free of charge to Auburn residents – will begin on Saturday, April 21, and continue for the next three Saturdays. The schedule is:
• April 21: South of 7th Street and West of Cedar Creek
• April 28: North of 7th Street and West of Cedar Creek
• May 5: North of 7th Street and East of Cedar Creek
• May 12: South of 7th Street and East of Cedar Creek
Below are the rules for the cleanup service:
• Only household items will be accepted.
• All waste should be in containers, other than large bulky items. Weight limit is 60 pounds per item.
• No construction material, such as torn-down structures, may be discarded using this program.
• Yard waste such as brush and limbs must be cut into sections of 4 feet or shorter.
• No car parts such as batteries, bumpers, tires, fenders, etc. will be accepted.
• No concrete items will be accepted.
• No liquid paint materials, including thinner, will be collected. Paint only will be accepted if it has solidified.
Other disposal needs
Residents should contact the Northeast Indiana Solid Waste District (800-777-5462) to dispose of items such as televisions, computers, fertilizers, pesticides, chemicals, cleaners, paint and stains, car batteries, household batteries, flammable liquids, oil, etc. There is a minimal fee for disposal.
Questions about Spring Clean-Up?
Contact the Auburn Street Department at 925-6455 or email@example.com