For 80 years now, the DeKalb County Free Fair has been an anxiously anticipated community event for young and old alike. For as long as I can remember, it’s a time when our downtown is transformed into a celebration of fun, family and community. Every year, I see people I only see once a year—at the fair!
In addition to the fun and good food, the fair offers Auburn residents and visitors the opportunity to show our appreciation and support for the many local business merchants, non-profit organizations and charitable groups who contribute to making Auburn the treasured city that it is. And I’m proud to announce that Auburn Essential Services will provide the high-speed wireless Internet throughout the fair.
This year’s fair, appropriately themed “America’s Family Reunion,” kicks off next week, running from September 26 – October 1. It will include a number of exciting activities and events for the entire family. Here’s a quick preview:
- Indiana’s largest Merchant Tent with over 200 vendors under 45,000 square feet of merchant space
- Free entertainment on the Downtown Stage and Main Stage, including appearances by Steve Holy, Starship, Josh Kelley, Big Caddy Daddy and many others
- Old Settlers/Scout Day September 28
- Midway rides, including the Kid’s Day Wristband Special on September 30 and the Grand Finale Wristband Special on October 1
- Choir performances by local schools
- Parades, exhibit hall activities, 4-H competitions, horse and tractor pulls, and much more!
The 80th DeKalb County Free Fair is going to be one you won’t want to miss, so mark your calendars! For more information, visit: www.dekalbcountyfair.org.
See you at the fair!